Date- 30th january
What is the kellys meats SCA Series?
4 competitions plus a 5th Grand final will take place at kellys meats with a minimum 10 teams at each event, the winner and runner up from each event will be given a golden ticket as automatic (fee still applies) entry into the grand final championship where the winner will be awarded $5000 for first place and a trophy.
Each competition entry is capped at $450 (grand final also) which will include the following:
* Non powered site
* Access to toilets
* Wash up station
* Prize money / prizes, trophies at value of $3000+ per Comp
* Trophies for 1st -3rd place in each category and GC.
* 3 x 3 metre site
*Each competition will be a minimum 10 teams, the judging will all be done by one table for each protein and judges will rotate for each protein.
*Blind hand ins – no judges will know whose box they are judging. (SCA rules)
*Each hand in will be documented by a representative from Kelly’s meats to confirm who the entry is for.
*SCA rules for all categories – 2 x steak and Pork Ribs, chicken (non wing) and wings.
*Only 3 team members allowed including a nominated captain to receive points for SCA steak and ancillaries.
*Teams will not sell or distribute food to the General Public unless the appropriate Food License is obtained and only with the consent of the Event Promoter.
*Teams must adhere to all Event Promoter and venue Rules and/or instruction at all time on site.
*Each team must have a wall for there marquee to seperate them selves from the next team to follow social distancing regulations.
*No refunds on entry fee once paid, at the discretion of the event promoter they may accomodate another team to be entered in your place at a administration cost to be determined at the time.
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE OVERALL:
1 Team with most 1st Place Trophies from the categories wins.
2 Team with the most 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place placings from categories wins.
3 Team with highest individual aggregate Round score from their best 3 scores wins.
4 If still tied, will remain a tie and prizemoney collated and distributed evenly.
All rules and regulations followed as per an every day SCA competition.
Each team will hand in 2 steaks and 3 ancillaries – wings bone in, steak, chicken (non wing) steak and pork ribs (bone in)
Each team member may also register to cook a steak for them selves to enter at a fee of $150 per steak round. (Please inform me well in advance)
There may be up to 5 spots extra available for people who just want to come and cook 1 steak at $150 or 2 for $300 and not compete in the overall competition and there scores will not be added to the overall tally.
When hand in occurs I will record each ticket number and the person who has handed it in and verify and have them sign that the steak / ancillary entry is for the kellys SCA or there own personal ticket not for the kellys series and they will also write there name on the back of the ticket. Only one ancillary will be excepted as part of the series. You may upon request enter extra ancillaries at a fee of $50 per entry for the Australian SCA points chase.
After / before presentation I will then take a copy of the results for each category for the day and use the SCA points system to determine the over all positioning of each team / person for the day.
We will then announce the top ten for the day and the winner (grand Champion) will be granted entry into the grand final.
There will be a ladder available online for everyone to view there standings.
The teams that do not make it through to the grand final are welcome to compete again, if any of there scores are above there previous score then they will be allocated the higher score to there tally.
After 4 rounds the top 10 scores (wild cards) on the ladder who did not make it to the grandfinal with a Grand Championship will be granted access to the grandfinal as wild cards. If any teams do not choose to take up this offer it will be allocated to the next on the list.
In short it’s a traditional SCA competition with points for the SCA leader boards and with me keeping a record of the results to create the ladder for the series.
The Grand final would consist of 2 x SCA steak categories as well but with the inclusion of potentially brisket, chicken thighs, pork butt/ribs, pizza, spam, grilled cheese, burgers etc.
KELLY’S MEATS SCA SERIES
Obviously the landscape around the BBQ competitions and guidelines have altered how ever the end game is the same, having fun, cooking Bbq and competing against your mates. This event is all about the people competing…. there will be no crowds, no sponsors no advertising just good old fashioned competition.
All competitors / Judges must check in and have there temperature taken on arrival. Any one over 37 degrees will not be allowed entry.
Firstly I will copy and paste the updated COVID 19 guidelines from SCA.
- Only one team member at check in table please. Turn in boxes will be given to you at check in.
- Steak selection numbers will be drawn by our staff and handed to you. We will be using two different colored tickets. Last two digits are your number. These selection number tickets may be thrown away after selection.
- Teams will be directed to have only one person come to the steak selection table and they will be required to wear masks during this time. No one will be allowed to select a steak without a mask on.
- Steak selection handlers will also were gloves and masks at all times.
- We will practice social distancing guidelines of 6’ between persons at steak selection.
TURN IN FOR STEAK & ANCILLARIES:
- DO NOT OPEN BOX Turn in captain will ask “Is this how you want to present it to the judges?”
- (Mask required) DO NOT OPEN BOX AT TURN IN TABLE. Our staff will write your initials on your copy of the ticket and hand it to you. Only one team member at turn in table. Photos, checking inside of box, adjusting entry, and anything that requires you to open the box should not be done at turn in table. Have your entry completely ready before heading to the turn in table. Teams will not sign their ticket at the table as in the past we will initial.
- At turn in, staff working this station will also wear gloves and masks.
- Only essential personnel will be allowed into the judging area.
- Judging tables will be 2 8-foot tables put together.
- Judges need to maintain a safe distance in the judging area.
- All judges and judging staff will be required to sanitize hands upon entry into judging area. If you leave the judging area and return, you must sanitize your hands again. We will be sanitizing hands again right before we start judging each round.
- Table captains, numbering, cutter, and turn in table staff will all be required to wear masks during the judging times.
- Each judge will use a new fork and knife for each bite. Each judge will have their own trash tray. After judging, please dispose of all items from your table into trash. Ink pens are yours to keep or they can be thrown out.
- Tables will be sanitized & reset with new supplies before judging each round.
- No grazing table for leftovers.
- Social distance from other cooks and staff please. Mask appreciated when we check ticket number. We will have a small PA but will not be handing the mic to you. You can shout your info, and/or it can be repeated over the mic. Trophies and awards will be on a table and you will pick them up before getting photos.
- Score sheets after awards: One cook at a time. Social distance from other cooks. Grab a photo of the sheets and head out so other cooks can come up. We can also send photos into a group chat for your convenience.
Further to the above our state law requires the below….
Victorian Government Requirements-
(Correct as of 9-1-21 subject to change)
* You must provide your own sanitizer, you must supply your own gloves, you must supply your own masks, you must wear masks and gloves while in your allocated 3x3m space when preparing any foods and use your sanitizer before preparing any protein / food for hand in.
* You must wear a mask when you can not social distance – including toilet, hand in and wash up station.
* You are not permitted to have more than three people in your allocated site.
* At all times with in reason masks should be worn and gloves.
* No medical exemptions will be accepted and mask wearing is compulsory.
* All traditional food safety must be followed please refer to SCA guide lines for further information
* All competitors and judges enter this competition at there own risk and hold no legal or criminal liability against the organisers (kellys meats) or sanctioning body (SCA) for any reasoning. All competitors understand that there is no refunds, compensation or disputes that will be acknowledged by either of the parties holding the event.
* All competitors must adhere to the guidelines above and failure to do so will see them removed from the competition with no compensation.
* By paying your fee through the website you agree to all terms and conditions and will follow all guide lines.
Now that all that is taken care of let’s look at the nitty gritty-
BUMP IN – available to bump in from 4pm – 9pm on Friday 29th January. Alternatively Saturday the 30th from 6am- 9am
BUMP OUT – from last hand in / awards 4pm.
CATAGORIES / TIMES
9am cooks meeting steak selection
11 – 11:15 Wings
12 – 12.30 Steak 1
1.15 – 1.30 Chicken
2 – 2.30 Steak 2
3:30 – 3:45 Pork Ribs
*Each team will be allocated a 3x3m space for there marquee. Spaces are very limited so a 3×3 marquee is better for site sizes, we can accomodate 3×4 marquees and put your site 3m wide and 4m deep down the alley way. Please let us know so we can allocate those sites. You will also need to bump in early to access them easier or have to carry all your things to the site.
*Each team must bring a wall to seperate them selves from the next team so we can fit more teams in right next to each other.
*No power to your site.
*Provide your own sanitizer, gloves and masks.
*Wash up station available.
STEAK X 2
1st $500 and trophy and golden ticket SCA
2nd $200 and trophy
3rd $100 and trophy
ANCILLARIES x 3
1st $200 and trophy and golden ticket SCA
2nd $100 and trophy
3rd $50 and trophy
Grand champion will receive $500 and trophy along with a golden ticket to the Kellys SCA grand final.
Over all winner in the grand final $5000.00 Cash 💰